I learned a lot, and there are some things I wish I had know going into it.Here are my bullet points.
Things I would do different:
- Wear tall shoes! Everyone was tall, and I am tall. I felt short.
- Make cards. I realized it didn't matter how small your blog was, people were there to promote themselves, and even it I wasn't, I felt weird taking cards and not handing one back. I even took some of Mandy's cards to pass out when we were in different classes.
- Brush up on my blog following. I used to look at blogs a lot. Not so much anymore. It kind of goes in waves for me, so lately I have been reading. It would have been nice to "know" more bloggers from their blogs.
- Blog a little more before going. It had been awhile, so just brushing up on my blogging skills would have been nice.
- Venture out to more party planning classes. That is an area I need to improve on!
- Get a smart phone. Everyone had one. I only heard one other person say they did NOT have one.
- Learning more about my DSLR camera. I feel like I gained lots of knowledge and actually got to put it to use!
- Seeing all the different bloggers and what outfits they put together. I knew dressing was a big part of this conference!
- The speakers. I liked every class I went to, with the exception of one (that was my fault for not having a laptop) and learned something new.
- It was nice that the food was provided on site. This gave us an opportunity to take the classes over lunch.
- Going to IKEA. Yep, I had never been before. It was overwhelming.
- The Lion Brand Yarn Party. I was dead tired and half sick that night, but since being home, I have taught my daughter how to crochet, and can now do more than just the chain stitch!
- Meeting someone who had served ther mission in my ward 6 years ago! Small world...
At times, I felt like I was at girls camp, with all the women, laughing and crying (yes! crying about blogging)crafting and the food. Fun!
I didn't take too many pictures, but here is one Mandy took of me at out early morning light photography class. I did buy a new purse for the trip! It can hold my camera, and still have room for everything else.
Thanks to Mandy for letting me come on this trip with her!