Friday, November 18, 2011

Styrofoam Picture Puzzle

 Thanks for all the votes! Wow! Round 3!
 So Styrofoam had endless possibilities...but I looked all around at craft stores, Wal-Mart, then ended up at Lowe's, where I found this giant 4'X8' sheet of Styrofoam. I have always wanted some big wall art, and I love to take pictures, so I combined the two. I had Office Depot print off a black and white engineering copy as big as they could.  My husband (using a jig saw) helped me cut puzzle pieces out of cardboard, then we traced them onto the Styrofoam. Next, using the jig saw again, we cut the Styrofoam (fyi- it was soooo much easier than cutting the cardboard), then traced the pieces onto the picture. We cut the picture out. Finally, using spray glue, we glued the pictures onto the Styrofoam.

The final picture is 4ft X 3ft. I used some blue Ticky-tack to hold it up, along with a few tacks! 
I love the final result! The styrofoam was superlight, and easy to work with. I would use it again for other projects.

2 comments:

Molly said...

Stopping in from OMTW, you rocked this project! I'm going to have to give it a try. It's been a fun competition :)

Kelli @ The Turquoise Piano said...

Saw you on One Month To Win It. This is so great! Congrats!