Friday, November 4, 2011

Red Desk Redo


When I heard this weeks challenge was Krylon spray paint, I knew exactly what I was going to do. I had found this desk at a garage sale and knew I wanted to use "Banner Red" to paint it.  I had to first prime this piece, so I chose Krylon's Ruddy Brown Primer. I had 2 other brands of half used rusty-colored primer, and the Krylon was by far the easiest to use. I love the 360 nozzle and  it is very finger friendly! 
  I had bought the fabric (Amy Butler Lotus) to use as pillows in her room, but wasn't committed to that project. I knew the side drawers would look great in contrast to the desk color. I used Modge Podge to put
the fabric on. 
 My husband helped polish up the brass pulls, and I painted the groves with some gold glaze. The lamp, chair and Statue of Liberty book ends were all thrift store purchases. The print says "I love NY".
My daughter loves her new desk!

2 comments:

Jaime Lyn at Crafty Scrappy Happy said...

Hi!!!! I am sorry that I am so late stopping over, I have been meaning to "get to know" some friends from OMTWI I wanted to come over and say that I LOVE your project for this week!!!! I bet your daughter loves her desk! It is AMAZING! I love it too! :o) Yayyy for winning! You deserve it! I voted for you :o)
Jaime from crafty scrappy happy
(one of the other OMTWI contestants)
ps I am a new follower!!!!

Reannah @ {Shaped by Grace} said...

This is SO cute!! I LOVE the red mixed with the turquoise! Great job and congrats on winning this week! I also saw you on OMTWI and am a new follower!! Looking forward to reading more of your blog! :)Have a great weekend! xo, Reannah