Friday, November 11, 2011

Gold to Grey Painted Chair

Thanks for all the votes! I won the second round!! The pressure is on for the next round!

This was a hard week for me. DecoArt has some great products, and I love paint! It was hard to decide, but after I found this great (but ugly) chair at the thrift store, I decided to paint it. I decided to use fabric paint, but could not find any locally. Then I saw the Fabric Medium by Americana, a DecoArt Brand. I thought I would use it with some latex paint, and Voila`! The chair was painted. And it is not crunchy!

I wanted a little accent, and we have a dark grey couch, so I made a slip cover for the seat cushion. I finished the edges with piping, and added some quilt batting for softness. 
Now, it's a great chair to lounge in and read a book...like my model!

1 comment:

Amy said...

I wouldn't have ever thought to paint a chair, it looks great! And I love love love your boots, where did you get them??