Monday, October 10, 2011

Ugly desk to Cute Night stands

I found this ugly desk on the curb next to my parents house. This was the same day I found 2 armoires. Triple bonus!!! (I sold one armoire as is for $30, the other I painted and antiqued, pictures to come) Mandy told me I should cut it up, and just use the drawer part as night stands. (We bought a king sized bed back in March, and the current night stands were too big). I ran this idea by Michael, and he loved it so much, he took the top off, and started scraping off paint right then. We wanted to paint them a color because Michael is always giving me a hard time about wanting to paint everything black.


We (Michael) spray painted them Krylon Blue Ocean Breeze. I decoupaged the front with scrap book paper. Michael also routered the edges of the top, and we painted the old ugly shiny silver knobs with Krylon Oiled Rubbed Bronze spray paint.



I love the way they turned out! And for around $10, a very affordable upcycle!

Desk.....Free
4 pieces of scrapbook paper.....$1.07
3 Cans of spray paint.....$9.23

No comments: