Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Kid Size Vanity


 I made this vanity for my 6 year old daughter. She has always wanted one and we don't have a lot of room. I came up with this easy idea. I found the round mirror at a garage sale for $5. It was gold, so I spray painted it Krylon Watermelon. I looked everywhere for a small end table, with a drawer, that did not have any supports, so she could have a stool or chair. It was tough! 2 months later, I finally found this ugly thing


I sanded it down, primed it, and used the Krylon Watermelon on it.
My husband put a crystal knob on it, and she is good to go! She loves it! She also is an Eiffel Tower collector, so this makes a great spot to show them off!

 



3 comments:

What's up with the Walkers! said...

Wow! You're a professional now:) Very impressive, now you can get some recognition for those projects you're always doing:)

Shannah @ Just Us Four said...

Hi there - I'm a fellow OMTWI crafter stopping by to say "hi" and wish you good luck in the upcoming competition. I can't wait to see what everyone makes!

Ginger said...

I'm Ginger {one of the OMTWI crafters as well}. Thought I'd pop over & say hi & introduce myself. :) I super excited about the competition & nervous, too! Love this...it's fabulous! Would love for you to link it up to my {wow me} wednesday party! You can link up from now until Friday over on my blog. :) Good luck with the competition! :)

Ginger @ gingersnapcrafts.com