Friday, September 30, 2011

Lace Skirt

I am so excited to be part of the SEW  AND TELL contest over at


 I (along with my Mom) sewed my skirt using Vogue 1199. My 5 year old loves fashion and always wants to match me, so I used my left over material to make her a skirt. She is pretty thin, so I made up a pencil skirt pattern, using three pattern pieces. The front piece has 2 3inch darts, and the back has a slit (just like mine, she notices the small details). I put elastic in the back, so the front has a smooth look. The stretch was mostly lost when I topstitched over it. Good thing she has no booty!


 This sweater is her favorite thing to wear. She loves to layer clothes!

I made the bow in her hair our of the cuff of the shirt. I used a strip of material to make a rolled fabric flower for the center, then glued it all together on a clip. I think it screams 80's. (probably because I had a lace bow headband when I was her age)


I added some lace to the front, after seeing this tutorial. I got the lace from this lovely thrift store shirt that I  tried to refashion into her size.

 Here is the sweater before...and the lace I cut off the bottom of the shirt.
I hope you enjoyed it as much as we do!
Go see the other projects!





A Craft A Day






 

No comments: